Get In Touch //
- > How long has NormaTec been around?
- > How does the NormaTec Recovery System work?
- > Are there any conditions that would prevent me from using the NormaTec Recovery System?
- > Why isn't there ice in the NormaTec Recovery System?
- > What makes NormaTec Recovery Systems better than other compression pumps on the market?
- > How do I care for my NormaTec Recovery System?
- > When and for how long should I use my NormaTec system?
- > Can I use my NormaTec Recovery System internationally?
- > What is the warranty on my NormaTec system?
- > What is NormaTec's return policy?
- > Who can I contact for more information?
NORMATEC44 Glen Avenue (map) Newton Center, MA 02459 866-658-5896617-658-5896
- > How long has NormaTec been around?NormaTec was founded in 1998 by Laura F. Jacobs, MD, PhD in response to a desperate need for new technology to rapidly and non-invasively treat circulation-related disorders. In 2002, the company introduced the NormaTec PCD (Pneumatic Compression Device), an FDA-cleared medical device that yields highly effective clinical results for patients with peripheral vascular diseases. After hearing reports from athletes that they were using their NormaTec Systems for workout and performance recovery (not just acute injuries), NormaTec started its Athlete Technologies division in 2007. Today, many of the world's best athletes regularly use their NormaTec Recovery Systems for maximum performance recovery.
- > How does
the NormaTec Recovery System work?The most important element for effective
compression is the massage pattern. NormaTec's founder, Laura F. Jacobs, MD, PhD,
a physician bioengineer, realized this fundamental principle when she developed
and patented the Sequential Pulse pneumatic waveform. Unlike more simplistic compression
patterns, Sequential Pulse Technology is based on normal physiology, and it synergistically combines three distinctive massage techniques to speed the body’s normal recovery process: pulsing compression, gradients, and distal release.
Through these mechanisms, the NormaTec Recovery System maximizes circulation throughout
the body to help you train harder, recover faster, and perform better.
- > Are there any conditions that would prevent me from using the NormaTec Recovery System? The NormaTec Recovery Systems are FDA cleared devices that are safe for home use. Please consult the "Use and Safety" section of the product page for the MVP and the Pro for each system's specific saftey information. NormaTec MVP Recovery System NormaTec Pro Recovery System
- > Why isn't there ice in the NormaTec Recovery System?Ice is a vasoconstrictor; it constricts your vessels and decreases blood flow. While this is beneficial in the acute phase of an injury to reduce immediate inflammation, in the long run it actually impairs healing and recovery. On the other hand, the NormaTec Recovery System uses Sequential Pulse Technology to increase circulation and blood flow.
- > What makes
NormaTec Recovery Systems better than other compression pumps on the market?Compression
technology has been around for decades in both static and simple dynamic forms.
But the Sequential Pulse Technology found in NormaTec Recovery Systems takes dynamic compression to a new level.
This unique pneumatic waveform, which is exclusive to NormaTec products,
is designed to externally compress the limbs in a way that mimics normal physiology,
featuring a sophisticated pulsing, gradient, and distal release compression pattern.
Initially developed for medical patients with severe circulatory and peripheral
vascular disorders, the NormaTec Recovery System is now the most effective recovery
tool for athletes who want maximum performance recovery.
To learn more about how our systems work and why they are better than other compression pumps, visit our science page.
- > How do I care for my NormaTec Recovery System? The NormaTec is extremely durable and has been designed to survive wear and tear. Occasional cleaning of the machine and boots/arm sleeves can be done with a damp, clean cloth - simply wipe them down and then dry thoroughly with a fresh, clean cloth. The NormaTec Recovery System requires no routine maintenance or service - just make sure to store the equipment in a clean and dry location.
- > When and
for how long should I use my NormaTec system? The NormaTec Recovery System
can be used both before and after exercise, whether it is routine training or high-level
Before exercise, the NormaTec acts as a high-tech massage to warm up your muscles. Pre-workout sessions are generally 10 to 20 minutes long with a moderate intensity level.
Using the NormaTec Recovery System after intense exercise will significantly speed up your recovery process, allowing you to train harder and perform better. We recommend jumping in your NormaTec boots within a few hours after exercise to expedite your recovery process. Post-workout recovery sessions are generally 20 to 60 minutes long with a moderate to high intensity level (it is safe to pump as long as you want). Sit back, relax, and enjoy the high-tech massage found only in a NormaTec Recovery System.
- > Can I use my NormaTec Recovery System internationally?Yes! The NormaTec Recovery System has been designed to work overseas automatically with no transformers needed. The AC-DC power supply features 100-240 V universal compatibility and can be used around the globe with ease with the appropriate power cord.
- > Who can I contact for more information?Please use the contact form above to email us any questions or comments. You may also call 866-658-5896.